Wednesday, December 23, 2015
9 valuable lessons I learnt in 2015
2015 has been a pretty adventurous year for me. I tried a lot of things - failed in some while I got some others right. So I thought instead of indulging in elaborate pontification on what works and what doesn't, here are quick 9 things I learnt this year:
1. Yes, being happy is in my hands
2. True friends will always be around
3. Tough times tell you who your true friends are
4. If people let you down, you were wrong in expecting that they won't
5. Twitter is a great place to make friends
6. Everyone wants to succeed but the paths can be different. So it's ok to be different.
7. First impressions are usually deceptive
8. You may be an influencer online, but the neighbour will still ask, "So, what do you do?"
9. Count your blessings and you'll find more than you expected to
Each one of these has a story behind it. But the important point is to take these lessons with me and hopefully make the next year better because of them.
Can you think of the top thing that you learnt this year? I am sure even if there is one big learning every year, we are becoming better people with passing time.